ISO CD-ROM Images posted to jasspa.com

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 10 4:26 PM
      Folks,

      I've posted two ISO disc images of Jasspa MicroEmacs
      to http://www.jasspa.com which are available for
      download. I originally constructed these for my
      own benefit but decided that I should perhaps
      clean them up and make them more publically
      available. I decided on 2 images just because
      of the feasibility of download times:-

      Full disk (40M) - Broadband download
      Exec disk (6M) - 56K Modem download

      I also decided to post them now with the old
      release, depending on the reaction then
      we will decided what to do for the next
      release towards the end of the year.

      If you have any comments or suggestions then
      please let me know (either directly or via
      the group). I found my early disks really
      useful at work which was why I made them
      in the first place, so I'll be interested
      to know if other people find them useful as
      well. Also any comments on what might also
      be included if you think that there are
      omissions.

      In putting these together I followed a few
      of the links that are floating around
      and found some good stuff:-

      http://www.microemacs.de

      Detlef has re bundled the documentation
      in Windows CHM and Adobe PDF formats.
      This is much more accessible.

      http://www.hardline.org

      The folks here have been busy, there
      are Linux Debian and RPM packages across
      various platforms.

      I have cross linked these references into the
      download page to make them much more accessible.
      People can find what we (JASSPA) do not provide
      without looking too far. In addition, I have
      included some of this material into the full CD-Image
      - so many thanks to Detlef and `Hardline' (sorry
      I do not know your name).