[jasspa] voila -> separate exe file for decrype MicroEmacs 3.8

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 1999
      At 02:20 PM 10/1/99 +0100, Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.) wrote:
      |I want to use the new Emacs99 - but I habe old crypted files from ver 3.8.
      |Is there a program (dos w95) or a little c or perl file available - console
      |command line tool like
      |decrypt38.exe "filename" "password" > filename.decrypt
      |Thanks
      |Arne

      Here it comes -- source code included so y'all can make fun of me
      (quickly hacked to work under msdos and visual studio 98).
      (Yes, it gives a warning when it compiles, about ignoring cmdline options.)

      Note: this is for v3.12, not v3.8. But if it doesn't work, perhaps you can hack it to work with that. You'll see, I just added a wrapper to the UE crypto routine.

      usage is: uecrypt oldfile newfile
      you will be prompted for the key

      Just tested to work with ue312win95 and MicroEmacs 4.00.

      You will be able to see how lame the encryption is -- last time I looked at it, I thought that if you can tell what the first couple of characters of the file are, you can decrypt the entire thing. I have not gotten around to confirming this.

      Enjoy