Development Release Posted

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
      The current head of the development tree is
      now available on http://www.jasspa.com/experimental.html

      This is not an official release and has been posted
      to fix a problem on Linux.

      New things in this code drop include
      - Improved folding support.
      - Prototype of command "page-file" which
      allows very large files to be viewed
      without loading the whole file into
      memory.
      - Bug fixes.

      This is the 'head' of the current development
      tree so be warned (although is in constant use
      by us internally so it should be stable).

      This build has ONLY been tested on Windows,
      Sun and Linux. The UNIX key input has yet to
      be tested on HP-UX, IRIX, AIX and BSD systems.

      This is backwards compatible with the 12/02 release.

      Regards
      Jon
    • Rick Owen
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
        Jon,

        I'm babysitting a very active two-year-old granddaughter, so I don't have time at the moment to
        check, but if you will put (if there isn't already one) an hp-ux binary on the experimental page I
        will be happy to test it. I use jasspa-me exclusively on the hp-ux system at work.

        Thanks,
        Rick.

        --- Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:
        > The current head of the development tree is
        > now available on http://www.jasspa.com/experimental.html
        >
        > This is not an official release and has been posted
        > to fix a problem on Linux.
        >
        > New things in this code drop include
        > - Improved folding support.
        > - Prototype of command "page-file" which
        > allows very large files to be viewed
        > without loading the whole file into
        > memory.
        > - Bug fixes.
        >
        > This is the 'head' of the current development
        > tree so be warned (although is in constant use
        > by us internally so it should be stable).
        >
        > This build has ONLY been tested on Windows,
        > Sun and Linux. The UNIX key input has yet to
        > be tested on HP-UX, IRIX, AIX and BSD systems.
        >
        > This is backwards compatible with the 12/02 release.
        >
        > Regards
        > Jon

        =====
        "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
          Rick Owen wrote:
          > Jon,
          >
          > I'm babysitting a very active two-year-old granddaughter, so I don't have time at the moment to
          > check, but if you will put (if there isn't already one) an hp-ux binary on the experimental page I
          > will be happy to test it. I use jasspa-me exclusively on the hp-ux system at work.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Rick.

          Hi Rick,

          I do not have access to a HP-UX machine at the moment
          so I cannot post one. I'll try and get Steve to build
          it if he is not on holiday and forward an image.

          Note that this is not an official release, but had to
          post a binary to fix some Linux problems - hence
          why this has appeared now.

        • Rick Owen
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2003
            Hi Jon,
            --- Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:
            > Hi Rick,
            >
            > I do not have access to a HP-UX machine at the moment
            > so I cannot post one. I'll try and get Steve to build
            > it if he is not on holiday and forward an image.

            Thanks. I'd build it myself but the machine to which I have access has had all development tools
            removed.

            > Note that this is not an official release, but had to
            > post a binary to fix some Linux problems - hence
            > why this has appeared now.

            Not a problem -- I like living in the cutting (or is it bleeding) edge of my software tools.. :)

            Thanks,
            Rick.

            =====
            "Life is hard. It's even harder if you're stupid." -- John Wayne
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 17, 2003
              Rick Owen wrote:
              > Thanks. I'd build it myself but the machine to which I have access has had all development tools
              > removed.

              Rick,

              A HP-UX 11.xx dev version is now on www.jasspa.com

              There are also .depot files for HP-UX

            • Rick Owen
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 17, 2003
                Thanks very much.

                Rick.

                --- Jon Green <jon@...> wrote:
                > Rick Owen wrote:
                > > Thanks. I'd build it myself but the machine to which I have access has had all development
                > tools
                > > removed.
                > >

                > Rick,
                >
                > A HP-UX 11.xx dev version is now on www.jasspa.com
                >
                > There are also .depot files for HP-UX

                =====
                "A cautious political hack whose only strength is selling out to unions and trial lawyers, Gov. Gray Davis is Bill Clinton without the conscience, Al Gore without the charm." --Rich Lowry
                "Right now, being Gray Davis is like owning a cemetery, you've got a lot of people under you but nobody's listening." --Argus Hamilton