RE: [jasspa] Re: new install question

    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
      I need to understand the problem first, the mail below suggests that the file psventek.emf is being loaded and displayed, why? I'm guessing that this is caused by either your short-cut having the emf file on the command-line (i.e. "me32 psventek.emf" instead of just "me32") or your psventek.emf file is being executed and it has an error in it (ME will then display the file and set the cursor to the point of the error). The first is most likely as having removed psventek.erf it should not be executing psventek.emf.

      If you can stop psventek.emf being automatically loaded you will either get the "*scratch*" or the "*help*" buffer displayed, if its the *scratch* buffer, you have a valid user setup and you need to add the following to your psventek.emf start-up file (taken from the top of me.emf):

      define-macro start-up
      !if &seq $buffer-bname "*scratch*"
      help
      delete-window

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • psventek
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 27, 2003
        Steven,

        > I need to understand the problem first, the mail below suggests that
        the file psventek.emf is being loaded and displayed, why?

        > If you can stop psventek.emf being automatically loaded...

        When I look into the properties window of the me32 icon on my desktop,
        it says:

        Target: "C\Program Files\JASSPA\MicroEmacs\me32.exe" -c

        On a lark, I removed the -c tag.

        When I click on the me32 icon now, MicroEmacs behaves properly; I get
        the help window.