RE: [jasspa] JSP highlighting?

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2003
      Gabriel,

      The starting point for this is the existing html file hook (hkhtml.emf) which supports both Visual Basic and Java script hilighting. In the file hook you will find the following:

      !force exec-file "hkvb"
      !if $status
      hilight .hilight.html 0x80 "<%" .hilight.vb .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.htmlT 0x80 "<%" .hilight.vb .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.vb 0x80 "%>" .hilight.html .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.html 0x80 "<script\\s +language=VBScript[^>]*>" .hilight.vb .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.vb 0x80 "</script>" 0 .scheme.prepro
      ; indent .hilight.vb b "<" ">"
      !endif
      !force exec-file "hkjava"
      !if $status
      hilight .hilight.html 0x80 "<script\\s +language=javascript[^>]*>" .hilight.java .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.html 0x80 "<script\\s +language=\"javascript\"[^>]*>" .hilight.java .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.java 0x80 "</script>" 0 .scheme.prepro
      hilight .hilight.java 0x80 "</SCRIPT>" 0 .scheme.prepro
      !endif

      While this looks scary its simply swapping hilighting schemes when certain tags are met, currently when <% is encountered it swaps to Visual Basic rather than java and a simple <script> is not handled as in html the language must be given.

      Do jsp files have a '.jsp' extension?

      From my understanding I would copy hkhtml.emf to hkjsp.emf and replace html with jsp, rip out any references to vb and modify the above tokens to swap to java on the <% and <script> tags.

      You then need to add a hook into me.emf to use your new fhook-jsp when a jsp file is loaded (look for fhook-html - strictly speaking you should add this to your user Setup File in user-setup).

      Lastly it would be good if you could submit your changes back to me so I can wrap it into the next release of ME! It would help me if you could include a suitable JSP example so I can check the file hook etc.

      If you get stuff drop me an email (with a JSP example!)

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    • first last
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2003
        Thanks for your answer. By now I have (mostly) got it right myself. I
        am not afraid of changing things around, I just don't understand even a
        little about Lisp.

        Your solution is better, but what I did was:

        What I did was in me.emf added .jsp to the extensions for the html
        mode, as jsp pages are just html pages with embedded java.

        Added "<script>" "<%" to the "openers" of the java section (if that is
        the right term), as it is already done for JavaScript and "%>" for the
        end ("</script>" is already there) in hkhtml.emf.

        Now, the only problem I have is that autoindenting doesn't seem to work
        on either of them (javascript or java code). I'm completely lost in
        there, so any help would be welcome.

        Should I post a copy of this to the list?

        Thanks very much for your help, I will email you the changes when I
        have done them (I have two deadlines tomorrow, so I am far too busy to
        sit down and write something clean, I'll have to live with my hack for
        now).

        Gabriel

        http://uk.my.yahoo.com