Re: [jasspa] item-list and man page

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
      Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
      > Hello,
      >
      > Thank you for the great new toolbar. This and the frames I use all the
      > time. This toolbar really is better than my old meide. I am using
      > espescially (Favourites, item-list and the foldable abbrev-list).
      >
      > In order to add an item-list to manpages (which are sometimes very
      > long) I tries the following three lines:
      >
      > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z] [A-Z ]+\\)"
      > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-r1 "Sec \ecB\\1\ecA"
      > hilight .hilight.list-item 64 "^H[A-Z]" "" .scheme.function
      >
      > the first two lines dis what I want however the items are difficult
      > to read because of those ^H-s which I could not remove with the third
      > line.
      >
      > Any ideas ?
      >
      > regards,
      > Detlef

      Detlef,

      An interesting problem. Attached is my solution to the
      problem - requires some modification to hkman.emf and
      listitem.emf.

    • Dr. Detlef Groth <dgroth@gmx.de>
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
        Hello,
        Great! It works almost perfectly. The only problem, thatI am not able
        to add the minus sign. Neither:
        set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z\CH][\\-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"
        nor with more or less backslashes before the minus I got sucess --

        regards,
        Detlef
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
          Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
          > Hello,
          > Great! It works almost perfectly. The only problem, thatI am not able
          > to add the minus sign. Neither:
          > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z\CH][\\-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"
          > nor with more or less backslashes before the minus I got sucess --
          >
          > regards,
          > Detlef

          You should be able to write the following:-

          set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([-A-Z][-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"

          The '-' as the first character of [..] is not interpreted.
          Note that I have also dropped the first "\CH", this
          was my mistake - one would not expect the line to
          commence with a backspace.