item-list and man page

  • Dr. Detlef Groth <dgroth@gmx.de>
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
      Hello,

      Thank you for the great new toolbar. This and the frames I use all the
      time. This toolbar really is better than my old meide. I am using
      espescially (Favourites, item-list and the foldable abbrev-list).

      In order to add an item-list to manpages (which are sometimes very
      long) I tries the following three lines:

      set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z] [A-Z ]+\\)"
      set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-r1 "Sec \ecB\\1\ecA"
      hilight .hilight.list-item 64 "^H[A-Z]" "" .scheme.function

      the first two lines dis what I want however the items are difficult
      to read because of those ^H-s which I could not remove with the third
      line.

      Any ideas ?

      regards,
      Detlef
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
        Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > Thank you for the great new toolbar. This and the frames I use all the
        > time. This toolbar really is better than my old meide. I am using
        > espescially (Favourites, item-list and the foldable abbrev-list).
        >
        > In order to add an item-list to manpages (which are sometimes very
        > long) I tries the following three lines:
        >
        > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z] [A-Z ]+\\)"
        > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-r1 "Sec \ecB\\1\ecA"
        > hilight .hilight.list-item 64 "^H[A-Z]" "" .scheme.function
        >
        > the first two lines dis what I want however the items are difficult
        > to read because of those ^H-s which I could not remove with the third
        > line.
        >
        > Any ideas ?
        >
        > regards,
        > Detlef

        Detlef,

        An interesting problem. Attached is my solution to the
        problem - requires some modification to hkman.emf and
        listitem.emf.

      • Dr. Detlef Groth <dgroth@gmx.de>
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
          Hello,
          Great! It works almost perfectly. The only problem, thatI am not able
          to add the minus sign. Neither:
          set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z\CH][\\-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"
          nor with more or less backslashes before the minus I got sucess --

          regards,
          Detlef
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 19, 2002
            Dr. Detlef Groth wrote:
            > Hello,
            > Great! It works almost perfectly. The only problem, thatI am not able
            > to add the minus sign. Neither:
            > set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([A-Z\CH][\\-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"
            > nor with more or less backslashes before the minus I got sucess --
            >
            > regards,
            > Detlef

            You should be able to write the following:-

            set-variable .fhook-man.item-list-s1 "^\\([-A-Z][-A-Z\CH ]+\\)"

            The '-' as the first character of [..] is not interpreted.
            Note that I have also dropped the first "\CH", this
            was my mistake - one would not expect the line to
            commence with a backspace.