Updated release posted - source + binaries

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2002
      New source and binary images have been posted to
      www.jasspa.com. This fixes a number of minor anomolies
      in the 5th December release as follows:-

      [021216] Removed .cvsignore from source release.
      [021216] Fixed NE UNIX build for a window build.
      [021216] Fixed PERL abbreviations - Thanks to Detlef.
      [021216] Fixed $frame-width/depth macro operation on
      the set - Thanks to Th.
      [021216] Confirmed Sun Solaris 2.6 PTY operation OK.

      In addition, some new binaries are available as follows
      (which I know will be of interest to some of you out
      there !):-

      IBM AIX 4.3
      Silicon Graphics IRIX 6
      HP-UX 10.20+
      HP-UX 11.x (PA-RISC)

      The remaining binaries have all been re-built against
      the source, including the Windows Install Shield
      (which I hate doing because it is a Wizard build rather
      than make and takes some time to fix up).

      The current version of the editor may be determined
      using "M-x about" (or "esc-x about"), the latest
      version should show date "02/12/16" i.e.

      > MicroEmacs 02 - Date 02/12/16 - sunos
      >
      > Global Status:
      > # buffers : 3
      >
      > Modes on : auto ......

      Hopefully there are no more problems so it will
      be happy hacking !

      Have a jolly good Christmas and New Year.

    • Rick Owen
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2002
        > In addition, some new binaries are available as follows
        > (which I know will be of interest to some of you out
        > there !):-
        >
        > IBM AIX 4.3
        > Silicon Graphics IRIX 6
        > HP-UX 10.20+
        > HP-UX 11.x (PA-RISC)

        Yes!!!!

        Thanks,
        Rick.

        =====
        A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones who need the advice.
        -- Bill Cosby

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com