[jasspa] Beta 99 problem with 'language.emf'

  • mpr@dolby.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15, 1999
      Hi, I got the beta99 version of MicroEmacs from the web site, but
      whenever I run it I get an error at line 66 of language.emf at startup.

      Any ideas?

      any material posted to this list.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 1999
        > Subject: [jasspa] Beta 99 problem with 'language.emf'
        > From: mpr@...
        > Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 08:59:04 -0700
        > To: jasspa@egroups.com
        >
        > Hi, I got the beta99 version of MicroEmacs from the web site, but
        > whenever I run it I get an error at line 66 of language.emf at startup.
        >
        > Any ideas?

        There is a bug in the language setup of Beta 1 in that it requires a language
        setup, the default being American.

        There are 2 solutions to this problem:

        1) Comment out line 66 of language.emf (add a ';' to the start ofthe line).

        2) Download from the site and install the language you use, e.g. american.zip
        and use the Language box in user-setup to select this language.

        The second solution is better as it will give you a working spell-checker etc.

        Regards,

        any material posted to this list.