[jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

  • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
      If I write
      global-bind-key super-delete "f3"
      in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook (hkemf.emf)
      if is defined
      buffer-bind-key fold-all "f3"
      in the hook file hkemf.emf
      There is no way for me to start an emf file after the hook file is
      loaded.

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
        The current answer is NO. The only way that you can do this at the moment
        is to add your own "myhook.emf" funtion with the new key bindings in.

        This begs the question, that in the hkhook.emf files should the
        global and buffer bindings been more sensitive to the user bindings
        i.e.
        !if &seq &kbind "f2" "ERROR"
        buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"
        !endif

        In this case we check to see if the key is already bound, if it
        is not then the new binding is effected, otherwise the function is
        not bound.

        Perhaps a better solution would be to introduce a numeric argument
        on "buffer-bind-key" such that the bind ONLY works if the key is
        not already bound. So the above could be written as:-

        0 buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"

        Note that there will be some buffers (i.e. the directory listing)
        where the user bindings might be ignored and re-assigned on a
        per-buffer basis. For text buffers then we should not really
        modify the keys.

        Does anybody else have any optinions on this ??? Has this been
        a problem for anybody else ??

        "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

        > If I write
        > global-bind-key super-delete "f3"
        > in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook (hkemf.emf)
        > if is defined
        > buffer-bind-key fold-all "f3"
        > in the hook file hkemf.emf
        > There is no way for me to start an emf file after the hook file is
        > loaded.

      • Steven Phillips,,,
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
          The user-setup / General / Exact option does work, the problem arises only
          with existing buffers, either loaded in the current buffer or created using
          the -c option which preserves the mode. So exit all me's, run up me with no
          options, in user-setup/General page disable exact, Save then exit user-setup
          and me. When you run up another me any files loaded should not have exact
          mode, problem solved.

          Your further point on 'f3' is valid with no real work around. The philosophy
          to date has been one of the specific file hook knows best. The only solutions
          are to:

          1) Use key bindings not used.
          2) create a my-fhook-... macro in your my... file which can override the
          file-hook binding

          I don't think theres a lot we can do here, hopefully the solution above will
          make this problem redundant.

          Steve

          > Subject: [jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf
          > From: jnaught@... (Jonathan Naughton-Green)
          > Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:23:31 +0000
          > To: jasspa@egroups.com
          >
          > Exact mode:-
          >
          > You are supposed to be able to this off in the "user-setup"
          > However I have just tried this and it is not working.
          > Need to investigate this further....and fix !!
          >
          > Global bindings are simply added in your user-setup
          > i.e.
          >
          > global-bind-key super-delete "C-delete"

          > "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:
          > >
          > > In generally I need file-hooks. But some hotkeys should work for all
          > > extensions global.
          > > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all extension-depending
          > > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
          > > are called.
          > > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files or a special
          > > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf files.
          > > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after file-hooks are
          > > load ?
          > > (delete global mode "exact")
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Arne

          > --
          >
          > Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
          >
          > SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
          > Samsung Electronics Research Institute (Audio / Visual Labs)
          > The Communication Centre
          > South Street
          > Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
          > MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
          > TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
          > England Email (home): jon@...

        • Robinson, Matthew
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 1999
            Yeah, I have the same problem, as I want to bind the "f3" key to "hunt-forward", as in standard Windows programs.  I have had to comment the appropriate lines in the hk*.emf files to make this work properly.

            --Matthew Robinson

            -------------

            "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

            > If I write

            global-bind-key super-delete            "f3"
            > in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook
            (hkemf.emf)
            > if is
            defined
            >     buffer-bind-key
            fold-all     "f3"

            href="http://www.egroups.com/person?protectID=045071113182229125050218000077172089071179066046017175">jnaugh-@... [mailto:jnaugh-@...]

            Sent: Freitag, 1. Oktober 1999 14:24
            href="mailto:jassp-@egroups.com">jassp-@egroups.com
            > Subject:
            [jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

            > Exact
            mode:-

            >         You are
            supposed to be able to this off in the "user-setup"
            >         However I
            have just tried this and it is not working.
            >         Need to
            investigate this further....and fix !!

            >         Global bindings are
            simply added in your user-setup
            >         i.e.
            >
            >         global-bind-key
            super-delete            "C-delete"

            Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

            > > In generally I need file-hooks.
            But some hotkeys should work for all
            > > extensions global.
            > > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all
            extension-depending
            > > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
            > > are
            called.
            > > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files
            or a special
            > > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf
            files.
            > > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after
            file-hooks are
            > > load ?
            > > (delete global mode
            "exact")

            > > Thanks
            > >
            > > Arne

            > > This is an unmoderated list. JASSPA is not responsible for the
            content of

            > Jon
            Green                                           J.D.Naughton-Green

            > SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
            > Samsung
            Electronics Research Institute (Audio / Visual Labs)
            > The Communication
            Centre

            4QE               Email (work): jnaugh-@...

            England                Email (home): jo-@...