nanoemacs on gentoo distro?

  • Bob Paddock
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22, 2002
      Has any one ever ported the nanoemacs editor to the Gentoo distribution?
      http://www.gentoo.org/

      Gentoo is a distro that is pure build from source, like BSD systems.

      Gentoo's native boot editor is called 'nano', it needs to be small, but to be
      blunt it sucks in comparesion to nanoemacs (or any emacs).

      I was going to try to make a 'ebuild' script for Gentoo, but I wanted to find
      out if any one else had done it before I reinvent the wheel. If you never
      heard of Gentoo, then you have no clue what I'm talking about. :-)

      Has any one ported any of the Jasspa code to Gentoo?

      --
      http://www.unusualresearch.com/ http://www.bpaddock.com/
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 22, 2002
        Bob,

        First that I've heard of Gentoo - certainly not
        received any correspondence on this distro from
        anybody. Slackware user myself - simple and
        clean no frilly X-Window config stuff !

        Guess the software should build from source.
        Noted GCC 3.2, I'm not aware that the source
        has been built on GCC 3.+ yet.

        Looks like you are on your own - let us know
        how you get on.