[jasspa] file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

  • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
      In generally I need file-hooks. But some hotkeys should work for all
      extensions global.
      But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all extension-depending
      file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
      are called.
      If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files or a special
      hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf files.
      Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after file-hooks are
      load ?
      (delete global mode "exact")

      Thanks

      Arne
    • Jonathan Naughton-Green
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
        Exact mode:-

        You are supposed to be able to this off in the "user-setup"
        However I have just tried this and it is not working.
        Need to investigate this further....and fix !!

        Global bindings are simply added in your user-setup
        i.e.

        global-bind-key super-delete "C-delete"

        "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

        > In generally I need file-hooks. But some hotkeys should work for all
        > extensions global.
        > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all extension-depending
        > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
        > are called.
        > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files or a special
        > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf files.
        > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after file-hooks are
        > load ?
        > (delete global mode "exact")
        >
        > Thanks
        >
        > Arne

        Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

        SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
        The Communication Centre
        South Street
        Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
        MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
        TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
        England Email (home): jon@...
      • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
          If I write
          global-bind-key super-delete "f3"
          in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook (hkemf.emf)
          if is defined
          buffer-bind-key fold-all "f3"
          in the hook file hkemf.emf
          There is no way for me to start an emf file after the hook file is
          loaded.

          "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

          > In generally I need file-hooks. But some hotkeys should work for all
          > extensions global.
          > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all extension-depending
          > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
          > are called.
          > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files or a special
          > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf files.
          > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after file-hooks are
          > load ?
          > (delete global mode "exact")
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Arne

          Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green

          SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
          The Communication Centre
          South Street
          Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
          MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
          TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
          England Email (home): jon@...

          any material posted to this list.
        • Jonathan Naughton-Green
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
            The current answer is NO. The only way that you can do this at the moment
            is to add your own "myhook.emf" funtion with the new key bindings in.

            This begs the question, that in the hkhook.emf files should the
            global and buffer bindings been more sensitive to the user bindings
            i.e.
            !if &seq &kbind "f2" "ERROR"
            buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"
            !endif

            In this case we check to see if the key is already bound, if it
            is not then the new binding is effected, otherwise the function is
            not bound.

            Perhaps a better solution would be to introduce a numeric argument
            on "buffer-bind-key" such that the bind ONLY works if the key is
            not already bound. So the above could be written as:-

            0 buffer-bind-key fold-current "f2"

            Note that there will be some buffers (i.e. the directory listing)
            where the user bindings might be ignored and re-assigned on a
            per-buffer basis. For text buffers then we should not really
            modify the keys.

            Does anybody else have any optinions on this ??? Has this been
            a problem for anybody else ??

            "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

            > If I write
            > global-bind-key super-delete "f3"
            > in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook (hkemf.emf)
            > if is defined
            > buffer-bind-key fold-all "f3"
            > in the hook file hkemf.emf
            > There is no way for me to start an emf file after the hook file is
            > loaded.

          • Steven Phillips,,,
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 1999
              The user-setup / General / Exact option does work, the problem arises only
              with existing buffers, either loaded in the current buffer or created using
              the -c option which preserves the mode. So exit all me's, run up me with no
              options, in user-setup/General page disable exact, Save then exit user-setup
              and me. When you run up another me any files loaded should not have exact
              mode, problem solved.

              Your further point on 'f3' is valid with no real work around. The philosophy
              to date has been one of the specific file hook knows best. The only solutions
              are to:

              1) Use key bindings not used.
              2) create a my-fhook-... macro in your my... file which can override the
              file-hook binding

              I don't think theres a lot we can do here, hopefully the solution above will
              make this problem redundant.

              Steve

              > Subject: [jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf
              > From: jnaught@... (Jonathan Naughton-Green)
              > Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 13:23:31 +0000
              > To: jasspa@egroups.com
              >
              > Exact mode:-
              >
              > You are supposed to be able to this off in the "user-setup"
              > However I have just tried this and it is not working.
              > Need to investigate this further....and fix !!
              >
              > Global bindings are simply added in your user-setup
              > i.e.
              >
              > global-bind-key super-delete "C-delete"

              > "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:
              > >
              > > In generally I need file-hooks. But some hotkeys should work for all
              > > extensions global.
              > > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all extension-depending
              > > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
              > > are called.
              > > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files or a special
              > > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf files.
              > > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after file-hooks are
              > > load ?
              > > (delete global mode "exact")
              > >
              > > Thanks
              > >
              > > Arne

              > --
              >
              > Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
              >
              > SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
              > Samsung Electronics Research Institute (Audio / Visual Labs)
              > The Communication Centre
              > South Street
              > Staines Tel: +44 (0)1784 428600 ext 644
              > MIDDLESEX Fax: +44 (0)1784 428620
              > TW18 4QE Email (work): jnaught@...
              > England Email (home): jon@...

            • Robinson, Matthew
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 1999
                Yeah, I have the same problem, as I want to bind the "f3" key to "hunt-forward", as in standard Windows programs.  I have had to comment the appropriate lines in the hk*.emf files to make this work properly.

                --Matthew Robinson

                -------------

                "Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

                > If I write

                global-bind-key super-delete            "f3"
                > in my me.emf than this will be overwritten by a specific hook
                (hkemf.emf)
                > if is
                defined
                >     buffer-bind-key
                fold-all     "f3"

                href="http://www.egroups.com/person?protectID=045071113182229125050218000077172089071179066046017175">jnaugh-@... [mailto:jnaugh-@...]

                Sent: Freitag, 1. Oktober 1999 14:24
                href="mailto:jassp-@egroups.com">jassp-@egroups.com
                > Subject:
                [jasspa] Re: file-hook overwrites definitions in me.emf

                > Exact
                mode:-

                >         You are
                supposed to be able to this off in the "user-setup"
                >         However I
                have just tried this and it is not working.
                >         Need to
                investigate this further....and fix !!

                >         Global bindings are
                simply added in your user-setup
                >         i.e.
                >
                >         global-bind-key
                super-delete            "C-delete"

                Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:

                > > In generally I need file-hooks.
                But some hotkeys should work for all
                > > extensions global.
                > > But if I start me.exe the me.emf is called before all
                extension-depending
                > > file-hooks hk*.emf i.e..
                > > are
                called.
                > > If I want to have case - insensitive search for all files
                or a special
                > > hotkey in all files I must change this in ALL! hk*.emf
                files.
                > > Is there another way to start automatically an *.emf after
                file-hooks are
                > > load ?
                > > (delete global mode
                "exact")

                > > Thanks
                > >
                > > Arne

                > > This is an unmoderated list. JASSPA is not responsible for the
                content of

                > Jon
                Green                                           J.D.Naughton-Green

                > SAMSUNG Electronics Ltd
                > Samsung
                Electronics Research Institute (Audio / Visual Labs)
                > The Communication
                Centre

                4QE               Email (work): jnaugh-@...

                England                Email (home): jo-@...