Comments in Delphi

  • Don Adaway
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
      Thanks for the swift replies -- working perfectly now.

      --
      Don Adaway

      dwa@...
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
        I must admit I cannot ever remember seeing (* *) as a
        comment demarker - but is was 18+ years since I used
        Pascal with vengence. I'll blow the dust off my old
        Pascal book (probably next to the Coral 66 book) and
        see if I can find it - or is this a newer extension
        that is now a standard ?

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 29, 2002
          Further comments. From my 1978 "Pascal User
          Manual and Report" - 2nd Edition then the
          comments (* *) are valid. The note attached
          is "On systems where the curly brackets are
          unavailable the characters (* and *) are
          used in their place." Hence these are
          officially part of the language and should
          be supported.

          Agreed the '//' should also be added as
          these markers seem to have migrated to
          other languages.