RE: [jasspa] Comments in Delphi

  • Rick Owen
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
      Greetings,

      --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:

      > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
      > the next release.

      The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
      definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
      Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
      well.

      Rick.

      =====
      "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)

      http://games.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
        Missed the '//' if you want this to appear as a
        comment then add the following to hkpascal.emf:-

        Jon

        cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
        diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

        *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Apr 26 15:00\
        :34 2002
        --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 15:52\
        :50 2002
        ***************
        *** 25,30 ****
        --- 25,31 ----
        0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
        hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
        + hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
        + hilight .hilight.pascal 18 "//" .scheme.comment
        hilight .hilight.pascal 0x1004 "'" "'" "" .scheme.string

        hilight .hilight.pascal 1 "asm" .scheme.keyword
        [EXIT]

        Rick Owen wrote:

        > Greetings,
        >
        > --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
        > > the next release.
        > >

        > The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
        > definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
        > Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
        > well.
        >
        > Rick.
        >
        > =====
        > "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)
      • Don Adaway
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
          Thanks for the swift replies -- working perfectly now.

          --
          Don Adaway

          dwa@...
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
            I must admit I cannot ever remember seeing (* *) as a
            comment demarker - but is was 18+ years since I used
            Pascal with vengence. I'll blow the dust off my old
            Pascal book (probably next to the Coral 66 book) and
            see if I can find it - or is this a newer extension
            that is now a standard ?

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 29, 2002
              Further comments. From my 1978 "Pascal User
              Manual and Report" - 2nd Edition then the
              comments (* *) are valid. The note attached
              is "On systems where the curly brackets are
              unavailable the characters (* and *) are
              used in their place." Hence these are
              officially part of the language and should
              be supported.

              Agreed the '//' should also be added as
              these markers seem to have migrated to
              other languages.