Re: [jasspa] Comments in Delphi

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
      For simple hilighting simply add the following change to
      hkpascal.emf (marked with +):-

      cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
      diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

      *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Dec 28 23:41\
      :58 2001
      --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 14:55\
      :00 2002
      ***************
      *** 24,29 ****
      --- 24,30 ----
      !endif
      0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
      hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
      + hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
      hilight .hilight.pascal 0x1004 "'" "'" "" .scheme.string

      hilight .hilight.pascal 1 "asm" .scheme.keyword
      [EXIT]

      Don Adaway wrote:

      > How do I modify hkpascal.emf so that it recognises (* *) as comment
      > delimiters in addition to { } and text following //.
      >
      > Grateful for any help.
      > --
      > Don Adaway
      >
      > dwa@...

    • Rick Owen
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
        Greetings,

        --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:

        > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
        > the next release.

        The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
        definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
        Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
        well.

        Rick.

        =====
        "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)

        http://games.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
          Missed the '//' if you want this to appear as a
          comment then add the following to hkpascal.emf:-

          Jon

          cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
          diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

          *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Apr 26 15:00\
          :34 2002
          --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 15:52\
          :50 2002
          ***************
          *** 25,30 ****
          --- 25,31 ----
          0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
          + hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
          + hilight .hilight.pascal 18 "//" .scheme.comment

          Rick Owen wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
          > > the next release.
          > >

          > The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
          > definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
          > Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
          > well.
          >
          > Rick.
          >
          > =====
          > "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)
        • Don Adaway
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
            Thanks for the swift replies -- working perfectly now.

            --
            Don Adaway

            dwa@...
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
              I must admit I cannot ever remember seeing (* *) as a
              comment demarker - but is was 18+ years since I used
              Pascal with vengence. I'll blow the dust off my old
              Pascal book (probably next to the Coral 66 book) and
              see if I can find it - or is this a newer extension
              that is now a standard ?

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 29, 2002
                Further comments. From my 1978 "Pascal User
                Manual and Report" - 2nd Edition then the
                comments (* *) are valid. The note attached
                is "On systems where the curly brackets are
                unavailable the characters (* and *) are
                used in their place." Hence these are
                officially part of the language and should
                be supported.

                Agreed the '//' should also be added as
                these markers seem to have migrated to
                other languages.