RE: [jasspa] Comments in Delphi

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
      To your mypascal.emf (create one in your user area) add the following line to
      do the hilighting:

      hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "*)" "" .scheme.comment

      Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
      the next release.

      To change the comment style to this add the following comment redefinition to
      your mypascal.emf file

      set-variable .fhook-pascal.comment "|(*|*)|*| * | * |f|"

      (check that a line like this exists in your current hkpascal.emf, if it
      doesn't then your version of ME is probably not compatible with this),

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
        For simple hilighting simply add the following change to
        hkpascal.emf (marked with +):-

        cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
        diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

        *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Dec 28 23:41\
        :58 2001
        --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 14:55\
        :00 2002
        ***************
        *** 24,29 ****
        --- 24,30 ----
        !endif
        0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
        hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
        + hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
        hilight .hilight.pascal 0x1004 "'" "'" "" .scheme.string

        hilight .hilight.pascal 1 "asm" .scheme.keyword
        [EXIT]

        Don Adaway wrote:

        > How do I modify hkpascal.emf so that it recognises (* *) as comment
        > delimiters in addition to { } and text following //.
        >
        > Grateful for any help.
        > --
        > Don Adaway
        >
        > dwa@...

      • Rick Owen
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
          Greetings,

          --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:

          > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
          > the next release.

          The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
          definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
          Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
          well.

          Rick.

          =====
          "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)

          http://games.yahoo.com/
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
            Missed the '//' if you want this to appear as a
            comment then add the following to hkpascal.emf:-

            Jon

            cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
            diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

            *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Apr 26 15:00\
            :34 2002
            --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 15:52\
            :50 2002
            ***************
            *** 25,30 ****
            --- 25,31 ----
            0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
            hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
            + hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
            + hilight .hilight.pascal 18 "//" .scheme.comment

            Rick Owen wrote:

            > Greetings,
            >
            > --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
            > > the next release.
            > >

            > The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
            > definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
            > Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
            > well.
            >
            > Rick.
            >
            > =====
            > "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)
          • Don Adaway
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
              Thanks for the swift replies -- working perfectly now.

              --
              Don Adaway

              dwa@...
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26, 2002
                I must admit I cannot ever remember seeing (* *) as a
                comment demarker - but is was 18+ years since I used
                Pascal with vengence. I'll blow the dust off my old
                Pascal book (probably next to the Coral 66 book) and
                see if I can find it - or is this a newer extension
                that is now a standard ?

                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 29, 2002
                  Further comments. From my 1978 "Pascal User
                  Manual and Report" - 2nd Edition then the
                  comments (* *) are valid. The note attached
                  is "On systems where the curly brackets are
                  unavailable the characters (* and *) are
                  used in their place." Hence these are
                  officially part of the language and should
                  be supported.

                  Agreed the '//' should also be added as
                  these markers seem to have migrated to
                  other languages.