[jasspa] Re: insert-date

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 1999
      Hello,
      >Another user macro which might be useful is "insert-date"
      >This simply inserts the current date at the cursor position
      >in much the same way as "insert-file-name" inserts the
      >current filename.
      >
      >; insert-date; Insert the current date into the text.
      >define-macro insert-date
      > ascii-time
      > ; ascii-time returns a formatted string in #l9
      > insert-string #l9
      >!emacro
      >
      >Regards
      >Jon.

      Thu Sep 30 09:17:23 1999
      Nice idea, but is a german-version also possible ?
      Donnerstag, den 30.9.1999
      or simple 30.9.99.
      I was looking in the macro
      ascii-time and trying something but Me was very stubborn...

      best regards,
      Detlef
    • Steven Phillips,,,
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 1999
        All,

        I think I may be one step ahead on the date insertion issue. I've added a
        "Date & Time" item to the main osd Insert menu and this gives you 10 different
        formats to choose from. The function is American aware, i.e. the form is
        MM/DD/YY if your language is not American its DD/MM/YY etc. It also uses the
        Organizer to get the Month and Date names (Set in Organizer Setup page) so if
        you've setup up Organizer to use 'Donnerstag' then that what the insert date
        will use.

        This will be in the next release (which I keep on saying will be soon).
        Hopefully that will be sufficient for you all,

        Steve