RE: [jasspa] Comments in Delphi

    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 26 5:30 AM
      To your mypascal.emf (create one in your user area) add the following line to
      do the hilighting:

      hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "*)" "" .scheme.comment

      Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
      the next release.

      To change the comment style to this add the following comment redefinition to
      your mypascal.emf file

      set-variable .fhook-pascal.comment "|(*|*)|*| * | * |f|"

      (check that a line like this exists in your current hkpascal.emf, if it
      doesn't then your version of ME is probably not compatible with this),

    • Don Adaway

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 26 6:56 AM
          For simple hilighting simply add the following change to
          hkpascal.emf (marked with +):-

          cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
          diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

          *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Dec 28 23:41\
          :58 2001
          --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 14:55\
          :00 2002
          ***************
          *** 24,29 ****
          --- 24,30 ----
          !endif
          0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
          hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
          + hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
          hilight .hilight.pascal 0x1004 "'" "'" "" .scheme.string

          hilight .hilight.pascal 1 "asm" .scheme.keyword
          [EXIT]

          Don Adaway wrote:

          > How do I modify hkpascal.emf so that it recognises (* *) as comment
          > delimiters in addition to { } and text following //.
          >
          > Grateful for any help.
          > --
          > Don Adaway
          >
          > dwa@...

        • Rick Owen
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 26 7:25 AM
            Greetings,

            --- Steven Phillips <sphillips@...> wrote:

            > Is this a pascal standard? If so I will add it to the main hkpascal.emf for
            > the next release.

            The (* *) and {} are actually part of the original language syntax and should
            definitely be added to the standard definition. The // is actually a Borland
            Delphi extension (I believe) but it's good to have that in the distribution as
            well.

            Rick.

            =====
            "Any solution to a problem changes the problem." (R.W. Johnson)

            http://games.yahoo.com/
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 26 7:55 AM
              Missed the '//' if you want this to appear as a
              comment then add the following to hkpascal.emf:-

              Jon

              cd c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/
              diff --context --minimal --ignore-space-change --recursive "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~" "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf"

              *** c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.em~ Fri Apr 26 15:00\
              :34 2002
              --- c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/macros/hkpascal.emf Fri Apr 26 15:52\
              :50 2002
              ***************
              *** 25,30 ****
              --- 25,31 ----
              0 hilight .hilight.pascal 3 50 $global-scheme
              hilight .hilight.pascal 4 "{" "}" "" .scheme.comment
              + hilight .hilight.pascal 20 "(\\*" "\\*)" "" .scheme.comment
              + hilight .hilight.pascal 18 "//" .scheme.comment

              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 26 8:08 AM
                Thanks for the swift replies -- working perfectly now.

                --
                Don Adaway

                dwa@...
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 26 8:29 AM
                  I must admit I cannot ever remember seeing (* *) as a
                  comment demarker - but is was 18+ years since I used
                  Pascal with vengence. I'll blow the dust off my old
                  Pascal book (probably next to the Coral 66 book) and
                  see if I can find it - or is this a newer extension
                  that is now a standard ?

                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 29 12:17 PM
                    Further comments. From my 1978 "Pascal User
                    Manual and Report" - 2nd Edition then the
                    comments (* *) are valid. The note attached
                    is "On systems where the curly brackets are
                    unavailable the characters (* and *) are
                    used in their place." Hence these are
                    officially part of the language and should
                    be supported.

                    Agreed the '//' should also be added as
                    these markers seem to have migrated to
                    other languages.