Re: [jasspa] i can?

  • Alan Cummings
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2002
      dos wrote..

      >install Micro Emacs in Windows ME plataform?

      Yes, you should be able to, i'm running it on Win95 with no problems.

      --
      Alan.
    • dos@correo.unam.mx
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9, 2002
        thanks, i´m running it in win98se, but in the list of plataforms (in the
        microemacs web page) not appears WMilleniumEdition.

        I think don´t will have a problems if i run micro emacs in winMillenium.

        SaluD.O.S.

        Diego

        Obtén tu correo en www.correo.unam.mx
        UNAMonos Comunicándonos
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9, 2002
          We test ME thoroughly on Win98se, NT & Win2000 and on these platforms all
          problems that are found are fixed. It is rare to find a problem on one of
          these that does not manifest itself on all the rest, but this can happen
          because there are 2 main development streams, NT (leading to win2000 and XP)
          and Windows 95 (leading to 98 and now XP). However I do not know of any bug
          that shows up in one version which does not show up in some form in all the
          other versions of the same stream.

          So in short, while we have not thoroughly tested ME on ME I would not
          envisage many problems if any. Also I do have access to an ME box so if you
          do get any problems mail a bug report to support@... and I should be
          able to reproduce it.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2002
            I can confirm that ME works fine on Windows
            Millenium Edition. I have not used it with
            vengence on this platform but I had no problems
            with the install or general usage.

            I thought WinME was just a Microsoft patch
            to '98 in addition to a publicity scam to
            get everybody to buy another version of Windows ?

            Jon.