[jasspa] Re: hilight schemes -- SQL -- Sybase variant

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 1999
      Thomas,

      To free up space in the hilighting then you create groups using
      the "hilight <id> 0x200 <name>" syntax.

      So consider the hilighting tags:-

      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operation" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operator" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operators" .scheme.keyword

      Now, group the common components by introducing a new tag:-

      hilight .hilight.sql 0x200 "operat"
      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operation" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operator" .scheme.keyword
      hilight .hilight.sql 1 "operators" .scheme.keyword

      This has the effect of optimising the hilighting and reduces the
      size of the lookup table.

      I suggest that you fold as many of the sections up like this to
      give you more room in the tables. (See hknroff.emf for an example)

      OK so you don't like hacking vendor code. Well I suggest that you
      take the existing 'hksql' file in it's entirity. Make as many
      changes as you like to get the hilighting working for Sybase. Add
      some macro tools if you need to. When you have finished then mail
      it back to the Vendor. I'm damned sure that in this case the
      Vendor will be very pleased that you did it and will probably turn
      it into Vendor code with your permission !!

      According to the current documentation the "hksql" provides
      minimal hilighting. This basically means it does some hilighting
      and not a lot else.

      Jon Green - jon@...