marked area into perl script and back (filter)

  • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2002
      I want to move the selected area from emacs into
      the standard input of an perlscript
      and
      the output should replace the selected area (like a filter)

      It would be additionary nice if I could give the perlscript
      one parameter from inside emacs

      Is it possible ?

      Many thanks
    • thundt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 2002
        Here's what I would do (no macro for this yet):

        1. cut region to scratch buffer
        2. 'filter-buffer' with command of your choice
        3. copy resulting buffer back to region

        -Th

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 26, 2002
          This is exactly what I was going to suggest and having managed to dig the
          macro out, here is a filter-region command,

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2002
            There's just no pleasing some!

          • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)

              This is exactly what I was going to suggest and having managed to dig the
              macro out, here is a filter-region command,

              modify your account settings manually.
              ganz toll

              filtreg.emf
              ;

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 27, 2002
                Thanks it works

                Because it is so an fundamental command can you include this to
                the nano emacs ?
                I think at least set-position is not available in nanoemacs

                Arne