Re: fill-paragraph & bullets

  • thundt
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2002
      One thing that can be handy is a simple macro to insert a quote char
      at BOL and then advance to the next line. So to quote a paragraph of
      16 lines you type ^U ^U ^x q (my favorite quote char is a '|'):

      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      ; quote (news-style), ^XQ
      ;------------------------------------------------------------
      define-macro quote-line
      !while &gre &pdec @# 1 0 ; C-u prefix support
      beginning-of-line
      insert-string "|"
      forward-line
      !done
      !emacro ; quote-line
      global-bind-key quote-line "C-x q"

      This is like the first macro I ever wrote :-)

      -Th

      --- In jasspa@y..., "Steven Phillips" <sphillips@p...> wrote:
      > The '>'s must be removed first, a macro could be written to copy
      the
      current
      > paragraph to a temp buffer, remove the "^> *" and fill the
      paragraph
      and

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/