search y/n/r?

  • un_x
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22 8:29 AM
      i think it would be nice if "query-replace-string"
      gave you a "Rest" option in addition to "Yes" and "No".
      that is nice in the case you have a lot of replacements.
      maybe i am missing something?
    • Rick Owen
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 22 8:41 AM
        Valid responses are:

        Y - Yes
        N - No
        I - Inc
        L - Last
        ! - Do Rest
        U - Undo
        ^G - Abort
        . - Abort Back

        Rick.

        --- un_x <un_x@...> wrote:
        > i think it would be nice if "query-replace-string"
        > gave you a "Rest" option in addition to "Yes" and "No".
        > that is nice in the case you have a lot of replacements.
        > maybe i am missing something?

        =====
        "And the only reason a road is good, as every wanderer knows,
        Is just because of the homes, the homes, the homes to which it goes."
        (Joyce Kilmer - "Main Street" and other poems)

        http://sports.yahoo.com
      • un_x
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22 6:34 PM
          oh cool :) maybe the [YNIL!U.] should be put
          in the replace prompt then?

          thanks!

          --- In jasspa@y..., Rick Owen <rickowen@y...> wrote:
          > Valid responses are:
          >
          > Y - Yes
          > N - No
          > I - Inc
          > L - Last
          > ! - Do Rest
          > U - Undo
          > ^G - Abort
          > . - Abort Back
          >
          > Rick.
        • Bruno Sabin
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22 7:07 PM
            Hello un_x,

            they are if you press the "?" key

            --
            Kind regards,

            Bruno

            Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.
            Phone: +1 (858) 535 3010 Suite 310, 5850 Oberlin Drive
            Fax: +1 (858) 535 3002 San Diego, CA.92121

            Please remain calm... I may be mad, but I am a professional.
            - Mad Scientist

            mailto:bsabin@...