Re: [jasspa] how to get to the menu

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
      Telnet:

      I use CRT 3.4. Typically run VT100.

      From Options->session options
      Emulation: VT100
      ANSI Color: Y (Check this box)

      Also Emacs mode in session to
      use ALT as Meta.

      Set up the terminal within ME as follows:-

      M-x user-serup

      <TAB><TAB><TAB> to platform
      (p) Termcap color: Y
      (f) use fonts: Y
      (r) Termcap (black)

      S - will save it
      C - will make it current.

      rickowen wrote:

      > Greetings,
      >
      > I have installed the hpux version of jasspa me, and I am using it via
      > telnet from a Win2K workstation. It works great, I get help, the
      > appropriate file extension hooks, etc. The one thing I can't figure
      > out is how to get to the menu. It seems like a simple thing (as I'm
      > sure it is), but I haven't figured it out yet.
      >
      > One other thing. Is it possible to get syntax highlighting via
      > telnet? If so, how do I need to configure my telnet client (CRT 3.x
      > from Vandyke Software) and is there anything I need to set in any me
      > congifuration files on the unix system?
      >
      > Thanks to anyone who can help me with these issues.
      >
      > Rick.

    • Rick Owen
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
        Hi Jon,

        This is great!. It really looks nice. In your other message you said that
        Function key F1 would get me to the menu, but when I try it in my telnet
        session it says "Hold Screen" on the CRT status line. Is there an escape
        sequence that invokes the menu or a meta sequence?

        Thanks,
        Rick.

        --- Jon Green <jnaught@...> wrote:
        > Telnet:
        >
        > I use CRT 3.4. Typically run VT100.
        >
        > From Options->session options
        > Emulation: VT100
        > ANSI Color: Y (Check this box)
        >
        > Also Emacs mode in session to
        > use ALT as Meta.
        >
        > Set up the terminal within ME as follows:-
        >
        > M-x user-serup
        >
        > <TAB><TAB><TAB> to platform
        > (p) Termcap color: Y
        > (f) use fonts: Y
        > (r) Termcap (black)
        >
        > S - will save it
        > C - will make it current.

        > rickowen wrote:
        > >
        > > Greetings,
        > >
        > > I have installed the hpux version of jasspa me, and I am using it via
        > > telnet from a Win2K workstation. It works great, I get help, the
        > > appropriate file extension hooks, etc. The one thing I can't figure
        > > out is how to get to the menu. It seems like a simple thing (as I'm
        > > sure it is), but I haven't figured it out yet.
        > >
        > > One other thing. Is it possible to get syntax highlighting via
        > > telnet? If so, how do I need to configure my telnet client (CRT 3.x
        > > from Vandyke Software) and is there anything I need to set in any me
        > > congifuration files on the unix system?
        > >
        > > Thanks to anyone who can help me with these issues.
        > >
        > > Rick.

        =====
        "And the only reason a road is good, as every wanderer knows,
        Is just because of the homes, the homes, the homes to which it goes."
        (Joyce Kilmer - "Main Street" and other poems)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • thundt
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
          Running command 'osd' with parameter 0 (zero) gets you to the menu.
          I type: ^U 0 Esc x osd Enter

          The next question is going to be, how do you get the menus to drop
          down. Normally a down-arrow does that, and left and right arrows
          move from menu to menu. Without the arrows, ^F and ^B moves back and
          forth, and ^N/^P up and down the menus.

          Re: color settings, mine displays strictly monochrome when in text
          mode ('me32 -n'), and setting Termcap Color = N does better than with
          it on. I lose the reverse-video otherwise. (Using Exceed X server
          on
          NT4, and ME on Solaris.)

          -Tom Hundt

        • Rick Owen
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
            Thanks Tom, and thanks to everyone else who replied.

            It is nice to have such a nice editor on the HPUX system. I was afraid I would
            go crazy if I had to use pico one more day.

            Rick.

            =====

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 16, 2002
              I do not usually run with the status bar so I have never
              seen this. I cannot get it to hold the screen whatever
              mode I am using.

              The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that the
              Keyboard Emulation settings are correct. Check
              Session->Emulation->Mapped keys for a F1 over-ride and
              delete.

              The Keyboard is mapped from Session->Emulation.
              Should show VT100 with a VT100 keyboard emulation.

              Also look at Window->Keymap editor. You should
              be able to change F1 in there. F1 should map
              to "VT_PF1" - This is a "VT Function" - you
              may have this mapped to some other menu or
              scroll function - this would stop the
              key from appearing.