how to get to the menu

  • rickowen
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
      Greetings,

      I have installed the hpux version of jasspa me, and I am using it via
      telnet from a Win2K workstation. It works great, I get help, the
      appropriate file extension hooks, etc. The one thing I can't figure
      out is how to get to the menu. It seems like a simple thing (as I'm
      sure it is), but I haven't figured it out yet.

      One other thing. Is it possible to get syntax highlighting via
      telnet? If so, how do I need to configure my telnet client (CRT 3.x
      from Vandyke Software) and is there anything I need to set in any me
      congifuration files on the unix system?

      Thanks to anyone who can help me with these issues.

      Rick.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
        Function Key F1.

        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
          Telnet:

          I use CRT 3.4. Typically run VT100.

          From Options->session options
          Emulation: VT100
          ANSI Color: Y (Check this box)

          Also Emacs mode in session to
          use ALT as Meta.

          Set up the terminal within ME as follows:-

          M-x user-serup

          <TAB><TAB><TAB> to platform
          (p) Termcap color: Y
          (f) use fonts: Y
          (r) Termcap (black)

          S - will save it
          C - will make it current.

          rickowen wrote:

          > Greetings,
          >
          > I have installed the hpux version of jasspa me, and I am using it via
          > telnet from a Win2K workstation. It works great, I get help, the
          > appropriate file extension hooks, etc. The one thing I can't figure
          > out is how to get to the menu. It seems like a simple thing (as I'm
          > sure it is), but I haven't figured it out yet.
          >
          > One other thing. Is it possible to get syntax highlighting via
          > telnet? If so, how do I need to configure my telnet client (CRT 3.x
          > from Vandyke Software) and is there anything I need to set in any me
          > congifuration files on the unix system?
          >
          > Thanks to anyone who can help me with these issues.
          >
          > Rick.

        • Rick Owen
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
            Hi Jon,

            This is great!. It really looks nice. In your other message you said that
            Function key F1 would get me to the menu, but when I try it in my telnet
            session it says "Hold Screen" on the CRT status line. Is there an escape
            sequence that invokes the menu or a meta sequence?

            Thanks,
            Rick.

            --- Jon Green <jnaught@...> wrote:
            > Telnet:
            >
            > I use CRT 3.4. Typically run VT100.
            >
            > From Options->session options
            > Emulation: VT100
            > ANSI Color: Y (Check this box)
            >
            > Also Emacs mode in session to
            > use ALT as Meta.
            >
            > Set up the terminal within ME as follows:-
            >
            > M-x user-serup
            >
            > <TAB><TAB><TAB> to platform
            > (p) Termcap color: Y
            > (f) use fonts: Y
            > (r) Termcap (black)
            >
            > S - will save it
            > C - will make it current.

            > rickowen wrote:
            > >
            > > Greetings,
            > >
            > > I have installed the hpux version of jasspa me, and I am using it via
            > > telnet from a Win2K workstation. It works great, I get help, the
            > > appropriate file extension hooks, etc. The one thing I can't figure
            > > out is how to get to the menu. It seems like a simple thing (as I'm
            > > sure it is), but I haven't figured it out yet.
            > >
            > > One other thing. Is it possible to get syntax highlighting via
            > > telnet? If so, how do I need to configure my telnet client (CRT 3.x
            > > from Vandyke Software) and is there anything I need to set in any me
            > > congifuration files on the unix system?
            > >
            > > Thanks to anyone who can help me with these issues.
            > >
            > > Rick.

            =====
            "And the only reason a road is good, as every wanderer knows,
            Is just because of the homes, the homes, the homes to which it goes."
            (Joyce Kilmer - "Main Street" and other poems)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • thundt
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
              Running command 'osd' with parameter 0 (zero) gets you to the menu.
              I type: ^U 0 Esc x osd Enter

              The next question is going to be, how do you get the menus to drop
              down. Normally a down-arrow does that, and left and right arrows
              move from menu to menu. Without the arrows, ^F and ^B moves back and
              forth, and ^N/^P up and down the menus.

              Re: color settings, mine displays strictly monochrome when in text
              mode ('me32 -n'), and setting Termcap Color = N does better than with
              it on. I lose the reverse-video otherwise. (Using Exceed X server
              on
              NT4, and ME on Solaris.)

              -Tom Hundt

            • Rick Owen
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 15, 2002
                Thanks Tom, and thanks to everyone else who replied.

                It is nice to have such a nice editor on the HPUX system. I was afraid I would
                go crazy if I had to use pico one more day.

                Rick.

                =====

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 16, 2002
                  I do not usually run with the status bar so I have never
                  seen this. I cannot get it to hold the screen whatever
                  mode I am using.

                  The only thing I can suggest is to make sure that the
                  Keyboard Emulation settings are correct. Check
                  Session->Emulation->Mapped keys for a F1 over-ride and
                  delete.

                  The Keyboard is mapped from Session->Emulation.
                  Should show VT100 with a VT100 keyboard emulation.

                  Also look at Window->Keymap editor. You should
                  be able to change F1 in there. F1 should map
                  to "VT_PF1" - This is a "VT Function" - you
                  may have this mapped to some other menu or
                  scroll function - this would stop the
                  key from appearing.