scroll-up/dn $status

  • un_x
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8 4:02 AM
      scroll-up/down $status is always "1", shouldn't it return
      an error if it can scroll no more, so the error can be
      detected and a beginning/end-of-buffer command issued
      in a macro? i'd like my pgup/dn to move to the
      beginning/end-of-buffer.
    • thundt
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8 4:19 PM
        Don't know about testing the status, but maybe (as a workaround) you
        can test one or more of the variables referred to in the manpage for
        $window-y-scroll -- if they didn't change as expected, you didn't
        scroll, and you've hit the BOF or EOF.

        -Th