Re: [jasspa] news: nanoEmacs

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 15, 2002
      We have taken it off line while we sort out some
      further issues. However it is still accessible
      from:

      http://www.jasspa.com/hindex.html

    • dgroth@gmx.de
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2002

        >We have taken it off line while we sort out some
        >further issues. However it is still accessible
        >from:
        >
        > http://www.jasspa.com/hindex.html
        >
        >Regards
        >Jon.
        >
        >"Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:
        >>
        >> I can't find the version of nanoEmacs ...
        >>
        >> Arne

        An interesting idea for small systems etc.

        you can even further nanosize ne with upx:

        http://upx.sourceforge.net/

        I reduced ne32.exe from 212,992 byte to 106,496 byte using this

        compressor thereafter renaming it picoEmacs ...

        regards,

        Detlef
        --
        Dr. Detlef Groth
        Max-Planck-Institut
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2002

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 17, 2002
            Both global-bind-key & query-replace-string should be available so I'm not
            sure why the line below does not work - it does for me (groan!). The first
            cut had a few teething problems and I assume this is one of them.

            To get a list of commands use the command completion on the ml line, i.e.
            execute execute-named-command (esc x) and then press tab twice to get a
            completion list. Use page-up & down to move around the list as normal.

            I would be interested in getting any feedback on features which you think
            could be removed and ones which have been remove which you think are
            required.

            New and much better version coming very soon,

          • Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)

              >We have taken it off line while we sort out some
              >further issues. However it is still accessible
              >from:
              >
              > http://www.jasspa.com/hindex.html
              >
              >Regards
              >Jon.
              >
              >"Kludszuweit Dr, Arne (A.)" wrote:
              >>
              >> I can't find the version of nanoEmacs ...
              >>
              >> Arne

              An interesting idea for small systems etc.

              you can even further nanosize ne with upx:

              http://upx.sourceforge.net/

              I reduced ne32.exe from 212,992 byte to 106,496 byte using this

              compressor thereafter renaming it picoEmacs ...

              regards,

              Detlef
              --
              Dr. Detlef Groth
              Max-Planck-Institut
              fuer Molekulare Genetik
              Ihnestr. 63/73
              D-14195 Berlin
              Tel.: + 49 30 - 8413 1235
              Email: dgroth@...
              Email: dgroth@...

              modify your account settings manually.

            • Bruno Sabin
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 17, 2002
                Hello Steven,

                UNIX is really where I would tremendously benefit from nE ... any
                source code on the horizon? (you know all the platforms I need 8-D

                Also, even though I would use microEmacs for everyday editing, I was
                wondering what would the overhead be if we added some sort of
                language hook support (crude support could go in the ne.emf if need
                be)? (I'm lost without my Perl hook ... grown used to it a bit too
                much I guess).

                Then again it would mean increasing the size/complexity of a tool
                which advantage relies in its extreme simplicity. Just a shot in the
                dark.

                Also, ipipe support is hard to forget when you've been using ME for
                a while (grep is what made me realise its absence). Again, I can
                still get a shell using ^X-C

                nuff raving! I need it, I love it, gimme more (UNIX)

                --
                Kind regards,

                Bruno

                Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.
                Phone: +1 (858) 535 3010 Suite 310, 5850 Oberlin Drive
                Fax: +1 (858) 535 3002 San Diego, CA.92121

                Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
                -Berthold Auerbach, German Writer (1812-1882)

                mailto:bsabin@...