RE: [jasspa] Abbreviation files (.eaf) anybody used \d ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
      I would imagine that '\d' was an attempt to 'press' the delete key in a
      version an platform independent way. This is a bit like \e & \t which
      changed to \E & \T some time back, \e is now the quoted escape char (i.e.
      0x1b) whereas \E is the Esc key (no ascii equivalent). But there is no \D,
      or a \B which would be good for a backspace key. I will add these.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
        Jon,
        They are both there and do work, they execute the 0x08 & 0x7f
        characters/keys resp. which as they are not bound get inserted into the
        current buffer (which is the 'junk' you are seeing). Instead these
        abbreviations should be executing the Backspace and Delete keys but
        currently there is no way to do this so we need to add \B and \D (in the
        same fashion as \E was added to get around this same issue with the Escape
        key).

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002

          Steven Phillips wrote:

          > I would imagine that '\d' was an attempt to 'press' the delete key in a
          > version an platform independent way. This is a bit like \e & \t which
          > changed to \E & \T some time back, \e is now the quoted escape char (i.e.
          > 0x1b) whereas \E is the Esc key (no ascii equivalent). But there is no \D,
          > or a \B which would be good for a backspace key. I will add these.
          >
          > Steve

          Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
          Project Manager

          SAMSUNG Electronics (UK) Ltd
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
            Further reseting the indent in the abbreviation sequences.
            There would appear to be a escape sequence of \I which
            performs a "back-tab" operation. This allows the indendation
            to be modified.

            So for Latex an abbreviation (as attached) may be defined.
            However, the shipped Latex macro template does not enable
            abbreviation mode by default so this needs to be turned
            on in hklatex.emf (add a 'b' to the setup strings) i.e.

            retrieving revision 2.8
            diff -r2.8 hklatex.emf
            19,20c19,20
            < set-variable .fhook-latex.setup ® "/history" "fhook/latex"
            "fghinopsx"
            < set-variable .fhook-latex.setup-mask "aefghijkmnopstuwx"
            ---
            > set-variable .fhook-latex.setup ® "/history" "fhook/latex" "bfghinopsx"
            > set-variable .fhook-latex.setup-mask "abefghijkmnopstuwx"

            Really must get this documentation sorted out !