Abbreviation files (.eaf) anybody used \d ?

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
      Has anybody managed to set up an abbreviation file (.eaf)
      with \d or \b characters in it ??

      I'm running the new release with a new .eaf for latex
      i.e.

      bd "\\begin{description}\r\t\\item[\p]\r\d\\end{description}\P"

      and the \d's are not honoured and insert junk.
      Were these honoured in releases prior to 2002 ?

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
        I would imagine that '\d' was an attempt to 'press' the delete key in a
        version an platform independent way. This is a bit like \e & \t which
        changed to \E & \T some time back, \e is now the quoted escape char (i.e.
        0x1b) whereas \E is the Esc key (no ascii equivalent). But there is no \D,
        or a \B which would be good for a backspace key. I will add these.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
          Jon,
          They are both there and do work, they execute the 0x08 & 0x7f
          characters/keys resp. which as they are not bound get inserted into the
          current buffer (which is the 'junk' you are seeing). Instead these
          abbreviations should be executing the Backspace and Delete keys but
          currently there is no way to do this so we need to add \B and \D (in the
          same fashion as \E was added to get around this same issue with the Escape
          key).

          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002

            Steven Phillips wrote:

            > I would imagine that '\d' was an attempt to 'press' the delete key in a
            > version an platform independent way. This is a bit like \e & \t which
            > changed to \E & \T some time back, \e is now the quoted escape char (i.e.
            > 0x1b) whereas \E is the Esc key (no ascii equivalent). But there is no \D,
            > or a \B which would be good for a backspace key. I will add these.
            >
            > Steve

            Jon Green J.D.Naughton-Green
            Project Manager

            SAMSUNG Electronics (UK) Ltd
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2002
              Further reseting the indent in the abbreviation sequences.
              There would appear to be a escape sequence of \I which
              performs a "back-tab" operation. This allows the indendation
              to be modified.

              So for Latex an abbreviation (as attached) may be defined.
              However, the shipped Latex macro template does not enable
              abbreviation mode by default so this needs to be turned
              on in hklatex.emf (add a 'b' to the setup strings) i.e.

              retrieving revision 2.8
              diff -r2.8 hklatex.emf
              19,20c19,20
              < set-variable .fhook-latex.setup ® "/history" "fhook/latex"
              "fghinopsx"
              < set-variable .fhook-latex.setup-mask "aefghijkmnopstuwx"
              ---
              > set-variable .fhook-latex.setup ® "/history" "fhook/latex" "bfghinopsx"
              > set-variable .fhook-latex.setup-mask "abefghijkmnopstuwx"

              Really must get this documentation sorted out !