Re: [jasspa] eaf files

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2001
      Attached is the corrected document in text form.
      If you look at the help page for "buffer-abbrev-file(2)
      then it explains why this is "\r" not "\n".

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        Both \n & \r are still valid, but this does uncover a can of worms, \n is
        the carriage return and \r is the line feed i.e. chars 0x0a & 0x0d
        respectively. The dichotomy here is that the typical new-line char in a file
        is \n (0x0a as per UNIX) but the Enter key is more like a \r (0x0d as per a
        basic termcap environment), this causes a lot of problems!

        But this issue is thankfully simpler, the abbrev string is executed (i.e.
        like a keyboard macro) so each character must either be bound or inserted
        (if possible) the \r 'key' (C-m) is bound to the command newline which will
        perform the auto-indentation checks etc, whereas \n (C-j) is not bound.
        Hence \r is used!

        Horrid I know but consistent,