Re: [jasspa] News: Jasspa MicroEmacs moving to GPL

  • Bruno Sabin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2001
      Hello Jon,

      Congrats!!! Now we have to make sure that ME becomes part of
      the standard Linux distributions ;-D

      --
      Kind regards,

      Bruno

      Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.
      Phone: +1 (858) 535 3010 Suite 310, Oberlin Drive
      Fax: +1 (858) 535 3002 San Diego, CA.92121

      Every child comes with the message
      that God is not yet tired of the man.
      -Rabindranath Tagore, Indian Poet (1861-1941)

      mailto:bsabin@...

      Wednesday, December 19, 2001, 4:25:30 AM, you wrote:

      > Today we have been granted permission by Danial M Lawrence,
      > the original author and copyright holder of Microemacs
      > to change our software licensing to the GNU Public
      > License (GPL).

      > This change in licensing terms is something that we have
      > been trying to get for a number of years. The change in
      > terms will occur on the next release of the software.
      > A release was scheduled to be made this week, however
      > this will now be delayed until early next year while
      > we make the necessary changes to the code base to
      > allow us to make this transition.

    • thundt
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2002
        > Today we have been granted permission by Danial M Lawrence,
        > the original author and copyright holder of Microemacs
        > to change our software licensing to the GNU Public
        > License (GPL).

        Wow!! Nice.

        Today, SourceForge. Tomorrow, the world!

        :-)