Re: Re: [jasspa] Easy way to get exact position in buffer? (Motivation: get region size?)

  • thundt@slack.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
      Steven! Awesome. Works great. (BTW for some reason the mouse
      selection works "correctly", i.e., won't copy an empty selection.
      :-)

      And let me add: DOH!! Forgot $window-line and $window-col. For
      some reason I was mentally stuck on the concept "character number
      within buffer" (like file position).

      Thank you very much!

      -Tom

      | Tom,
      |
      | Sorry for the slower response, I'd nearly got this working and ME blew up!
      | (Don't use $debug when you have a macro bound to pick-idle - fixed now). The
      | version below should do what you want,
      |
      | Steve
      |

      | define-macro my-copy-region
      | set-position "\x81"
      | exchange-point-and-mark
      | set-variable #l0 $window-line
      | set-variable #l1 $window-col
      | exchange-point-and-mark
      | goto-position "\x81"
      | !if &or &sub #l0 $window-line &sub #l1 $window-col
      | copy-region
      | !else
      | ml-write "Dooh 2!"
      | !endif
      | !emacro
      |
      | > Subject: Re: [jasspa] Easy way to get exact position in buffer? (Motivation: get region size?)
      | > From: thundt@...
      | > Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:09:39 -0500 (EST)
      | > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
      | >
      | > Ahh yes, problem with this is as SOON as the copy-region is done,
      | > its contents (or lack thereof) are stuck in the clipboard, and
      | > Exceed sees that and crashes, stupid thing. I would like to check
      | > it BEFORE the copy-region is done.
      | >
      | > Thanks for the explanation of fixed region.
      | >
      | > -Tom
      | >
      | > | How about:
      | > |
      | > | define-macro my-copy-region
      | > | copy-region
      | > | !if &seq @y ""
      | > | -1 yank
      | > | ml-write "Dooh!"
      | > | !endif
      | > | !emacro
      | > |
      | > | The only issue that may arise from this is if it happens to be the very
      | > | first copy-region the yank-buffer may be empty and so it may still crash but
      | > | how likely is that??
      | > |
      | > | Steve
      | > |