Re: [jasspa] Easy way to get exact position in buffer? (Motivation: get region size?)

  • thundt@slack.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2001
      Ahh yes, problem with this is as SOON as the copy-region is done,
      its contents (or lack thereof) are stuck in the clipboard, and
      Exceed sees that and crashes, stupid thing. I would like to check
      it BEFORE the copy-region is done.

      Thanks for the explanation of fixed region.

      -Tom

      __________
      Thomas Hundt <thundt@...> +1-415-643-3595
    • thundt@slack.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2001
        Steven! Awesome. Works great. (BTW for some reason the mouse
        selection works "correctly", i.e., won't copy an empty selection.
        :-)

        And let me add: DOH!! Forgot $window-line and $window-col. For
        some reason I was mentally stuck on the concept "character number
        within buffer" (like file position).

        Thank you very much!

        -Tom

        | Tom,
        |
        | Sorry for the slower response, I'd nearly got this working and ME blew up!
        | (Don't use $debug when you have a macro bound to pick-idle - fixed now). The
        | version below should do what you want,
        |
        | Steve
        |

        | define-macro my-copy-region
        | set-position "\x81"
        | exchange-point-and-mark
        | set-variable #l0 $window-line
        | set-variable #l1 $window-col
        | exchange-point-and-mark
        | goto-position "\x81"
        | !if &or &sub #l0 $window-line &sub #l1 $window-col
        | copy-region
        | !else
        | ml-write "Dooh 2!"
        | !endif
        | !emacro
        |
        | > Subject: Re: [jasspa] Easy way to get exact position in buffer? (Motivation: get region size?)
        | > From: thundt@...
        | > Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 16:09:39 -0500 (EST)
        | > To: jasspa@yahoogroups.com
        | >
        | > Ahh yes, problem with this is as SOON as the copy-region is done,
        | > its contents (or lack thereof) are stuck in the clipboard, and
        | > Exceed sees that and crashes, stupid thing. I would like to check
        | > it BEFORE the copy-region is done.
        | >
        | > Thanks for the explanation of fixed region.
        | >
        | > -Tom
        | >
        | > | How about:
        | > |
        | > | define-macro my-copy-region
        | > | copy-region
        | > | !if &seq @y ""
        | > | -1 yank
        | > | ml-write "Dooh!"
        | > | !endif
        | > | !emacro
        | > |
        | > | The only issue that may arise from this is if it happens to be the very
        | > | first copy-region the yank-buffer may be empty and so it may still crash but
        | > | how likely is that??
        | > |
        | > | Steve
        | > |