gogo bug

  • dgroth@gmx.de
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2001
      hello, I got a hidden feature:

      in a large xml-file I have to replace a <go:go> tag with an <gogo>
      tag. (go stands for gene ontology)
      If I try this, the replacement occurs but then my whool file is eaten
      slowly but continously by ME.

      I observed this on Win2000 and on alpha-dec-osf3.0 with the latest
      ME-release.

      is it a joke or a bug ....

      regards,
      Detlef
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 13, 2001
        Not a joke.

        Cannot reproduce this on my version of me (W2K). Used
        any old XML and inserted some <go:go> tags.

        I'll admit I'm running a new release internally
        may be I'll drop back to the Aug 2001 release
        and see what I can do.

        Is there any more information that you can provide ??

      • dgroth@gmx.de
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 14, 2001
          I was grepping through the sources and macros but could not found anything
          about `gogo'. The executable on the DEC I compiled myself, the winexe was
          downloaded. However this interesting mysterious is gone so you will know if it
          reappears. May be it is a time dependent phenomen. Computers are complicated
          animals.

          regards,
          Detlef

          > Not a joke.
          >
          > Cannot reproduce this on my version of me (W2K). Used
          > any old XML and inserted some <go:go> tags.
          >
          > I'll admit I'm running a new release internally
          > may be I'll drop back to the Aug 2001 release
          > and see what I can do.
          >
          > Is there any more information that you can provide ??

          > dgroth@... wrote:
          > >
          > > hello, I got a hidden feature:
          > >
          > > in a large xml-file I have to replace a <go:go> tag with an <gogo>
          > > tag. (go stands for gene ontology)
          > > If I try this, the replacement occurs but then my whool file is eaten
          > > slowly but continously by ME.
          > >
          > > I observed this on Win2000 and on alpha-dec-osf3.0 with the latest
          > > ME-release.
          > >
          > > is it a joke or a bug ....
          > >
          > > regards,
          > > Detlef

          > > This is an unmoderated list. JASSPA is not responsible for the content
          > of

          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Dr.Detlef Groth
          Neue Scheune 5