RE: [jasspa] Email with ME, How???

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2001
      Rene,

      You are very close to getting this running, the User mail dir needs to be a
      separate directory and the VM Main In Box must be a file within this
      directory so a path is not required. The Incoming Mail Box needs to point to
      the file generated by postie, this file does not have to live in the mail
      directory. Also ME need a standard mail divide line to spot the different
      mail messages and postie does not do this by default so you have to use the
      command line -sep option to do this as follows:

      postie -host:XXX -user:XXX -pass:XXX -file:f:/MicroEmacs/mail/mail.dat
      "-sep:From root Mon Jul 19 20:02:02 1999" -raw

      This should make postie get all your mail into f:/MicroEmacs/mail/mail.dat
      with a separator line (you will need to make sure the file exists first). In
      user-setup change the settings as follows:

      User mail dir: f:/MicroEmacs/mail/inbox
      Incoming mailbox: f:/MicroEmacs/mail/main.dat
      VM Main in Box: inbox
      VM gets mail: Y

      This should make ME transfer all your new mail from
      f:/MicroEmacs/mail/mail.dat into ME's incoming mail box
      f:/MicroEmacs/mail/inbox and the mail.dat file should be reset to zero
      length. Once this is all working you will need to add a -rm (I think) to the
      postie command-line to remove the mail from the server.

    • rnederhand@crosswinds.net

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2001
          Thanks Steve,

          The seperator seems to do the trick indeed. However, while I have my
          messages seperated I keep dates and authors missing in de message
          index. This is rather inconvenient since I have to read the message
          to see who wrotes it. Is this caused by the type of seperator (I just
          copied yours) or something else?

          I didn't exactly understand your User-Settings file. Why is there a
          distinction between main.dat and inbox? And shouldn't inbox be
          inbox.dat?

          Anyway, I appreciate your help a lot. At least I got this thing
          running for the moment...

          Rene