Re: flashing brackets, parenthesis, etc

  • psventek@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 25, 2001
      Thomas:

      > b) when you use function "goto-matching-fence" (on mine this is
      > bound to F2 and esc ctrl f and esc ctrl i).

      I wasn't aware of this command, thanks.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 9, 2001
        BTW it seems to me there is a bug surrounding this:

        a) $fmatchdelay is calibrated in ms, not seconds as stated in its
        help. (This is consistent with other delay variables.)

        b) fence matching is always active, regardless of setting of CMODE

        This is kind of annoying when typing things like smilies in text
        files. :-)

        -Th

        --- In jasspa@y..., "Steven Phillips" <sphillips@p...> wrote:
        > What strange timing, I was just about to respond to this myself...
        >
        > For the last month I've not being ignoring this but trying to work
        out how
        > to implement it, the bracket hilighting is very useful. I have now
        managed
        > to using the idle-pick event but I've needed to improve some of the
        screen
        > commands (show-region & screen-update) so I will need to create an
        ME update
        > before you can run it.
        >
        > The latest version has a new reduced binary mode (rbin), improved
        > binary,crypt,rbin mode command interface and a new language support
        > implementation which should help in introducing new languages and in
        getting
        > people up and running, and at last I've managed to find and fix what
        I think
        > is the last mouse driver lock-up bug. So I still have some docs to
        correct
        > and testing to be done!
        >
        > Steve

        Emacs

        ____

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 11, 2001

          Thanks for spotting this, I'll fix the docs.

          > b) fence matching is always active, regardless of setting of CMODE
          >
          > This is kind of annoying when typing things like smilies in text
          > files. :-)

          This is a tricky one, think of the poor programmer who is still using lisp,
          the lisp support does not use cmode but if I switched of fence matching life
          would become a lot more difficult. This evidently needs to be a setting on a
          per buffer type basis (i.e. an option in buffer-setup), a new buffer mode
          would fit the bill the best I think.