RE: [jasspa] Re: flashing brackets, parenthesis, etc

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2001
      What strange timing, I was just about to respond to this myself...

      For the last month I've not being ignoring this but trying to work out how
      to implement it, the bracket hilighting is very useful. I have now managed
      to using the idle-pick event but I've needed to improve some of the screen
      commands (show-region & screen-update) so I will need to create an ME update
      before you can run it.

      The latest version has a new reduced binary mode (rbin), improved
      binary,crypt,rbin mode command interface and a new language support
      implementation which should help in introducing new languages and in getting
      people up and running, and at last I've managed to find and fix what I think
      is the last mouse driver lock-up bug. So I still have some docs to correct
      and testing to be done!

    • psventek@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 25, 2001
        Thomas:

        > b) when you use function "goto-matching-fence" (on mine this is
        > bound to F2 and esc ctrl f and esc ctrl i).

        I wasn't aware of this command, thanks.
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 9 12:22 PM
          BTW it seems to me there is a bug surrounding this:

          a) $fmatchdelay is calibrated in ms, not seconds as stated in its
          help. (This is consistent with other delay variables.)

          b) fence matching is always active, regardless of setting of CMODE

          This is kind of annoying when typing things like smilies in text
          files. :-)

          -Th

          ____

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 11 10:52 PM

            Thanks for spotting this, I'll fix the docs.

            > b) fence matching is always active, regardless of setting of CMODE
            >
            > This is kind of annoying when typing things like smilies in text
            > files. :-)

            This is a tricky one, think of the poor programmer who is still using lisp,
            the lisp support does not use cmode but if I switched of fence matching life
            would become a lot more difficult. This evidently needs to be a setting on a
            per buffer type basis (i.e. an option in buffer-setup), a new buffer mode
            would fit the bill the best I think.