My Spelling Checking is set up wrong.

  • bpaddock@csonline.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 19, 2001
      I have some thing set up wrong in the way Spelling checking works, can some one point me in the right direction please?

      Any time I try Tools/Check Buffer it never finds any errors, even if the buffer contains words like 'Kat' or 'Doog'.
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 20, 2001
        Spelling Checker Question:

        You do not say what platform you are on.

        You must have downloaded the dictionary for the language you
        want to spell. Some of the dictionaries have both the base
        and extended. I suggest that you pull both.

        Getting the Dictionary

        Unpack the dictionaries and put them in the $MEPATH. If you
        are on Windows and have used the InstallShield then they will
        be placed in "c:/Program Files/JASSPA/MicroEmacs/spelling".
        If you are on UNIX then you could put them in
        /usr/local/microemacs with the rest of the macros.

        Checking the Search Path

        Make sure that the files are on the MicroEmacs search
        path. You can check this by

        M-x list-variables

        The variable $search-path will show the macro search path. If
        the location of the spelling dictionaries is not here then
        you need to change the $MEPATH variable (this seeds
        $search-path).

        Configure ME

        To configure ME then you need to set up for the language.
        i.e.

        Help->User Setup->Start up

        Go to the language entry and change this to the spelling
        language. "Save" and "Change". The speller should now be set
        up ready to use.

        If you are still having problems then drop me an E-Mail directly
        and I'll try and resolve your problem.

        Hope that helps.