dos capture

  • Michael Koundouros
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 18, 2001
      Hi folks,

      I am running microemacs on win98. Can someone tell me how I can execute an
      msdos command from within microemacs and capture the resulting output to a
      text file or to be displayed within microemacs????

      thanks for the help

      regards
      Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 18, 2001
        To pipe into a window then use

        Esc-x ipipe-shell-command
        Pipe: dir /w

        The quick key stroke is Esc-\

        The output appears in a window called *command*.
        You can also run "Esc-x ishell" this brings up
        a command line in a buffer window. However with
        98 there are some problems with speed. Better is
        to install www.cygwin.com which gives you a
        UNIX command shell - this works better with me32.

        From what you have described Esc-\ will
        serve you best.