RE: [jasspa] reread-file macro

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 23, 2001

      The command already exists (but not documented or directly defined), the
      macro is watch which is defined in watch.emf. Add the following to you user
      file

      define-macro-file watch watch watch-reset

      Execute watch in any buffer which is a file you wish to watch, then every 10
      second the watch command will check each watched buffer and reload if the
      file has changed on disk. Watch only checks visible buffers, i.e. ones
      displayed in a window, this help with performance as you can temporarily
      hide a watch file.

      Running watch in the same buffer will disable the watch.

      If you run watch with an argument of 0, (esc 0 esc x watch) you can set the
      watch interval in seconds. Unfortunately you cannot do that from a macro
      file in the form:

      0 watch 20

      As I didn't implement that very well, but I will fix this.

      You can run the command watch-reset to disable all watches, I advise you run
      this when you have finished with watch and you find ME's performance has be
      affected.

      I think I will take this out of the release and add it to the submissions
      instead.