Jasspa's MicroEmacs and the Cygwin environment.

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2001
      Niel,

      Sorry for the slow reply. Just recently I have been looking
      at the cygwin environment. I have managed to build this under
      cygwin for the X-Windows version (i.e. with cygwin X-Windows
      manager running), however there are some issues still to be
      resolved with the terminal window - mainly "termcap". The build
      is UNIX - however there is a poll() call that should
      be used instead of an ioctl() and a redefinition of syserr_list[]
      in order to get the code through the compiler and running.

      So these need to be resolved before we will say that we
      support cygwin. I can drop you the edits to date if you are
      interested in progressing these issues any further. Otherwise
      you will have to wait until we have resolved the termcap issues.

      With respect to using the cygwin X-Windows environment with a
      remote machine (i.e. remote UNIX machine running ME) then you
      must use the latest release. This release includes some fixes
      for the X-Windows client - releases prior to this date cause
      problems with the X-Server.