more questions

  • psventek@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
      I understand the f10 function which is tending towards GNU Emacs
      DIRED
      function. Is there more functionality to the f10 directory listing
      other than being able to edit a file by simply clicking on it? Can
      you
      mark several files and delete then, for example, as you can with
      GNU's
      DIRED?

      Why isn't Jasspa's Microemacs shareware that would require a
      registration fee for it. How can Jasspa be giving such a
      sophisticated
      editor away for free?!
    • Bruno Sabin
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2001
        Hi there,

        almost anywhere in ME you can type Esc-h to get a context sensitive
        help popup. Try this while in the "dired" look-like context.

        --
        Kind regards,

        Bruno

        Bruno Sabin Parametric Technology Corp.
        Phone: +1 (858) 535 3010 Suite 310, Oberlin Drive
        Fax: +1 (858) 535 3002 San Diego, CA.92121

        Thought is the blossom; language the bud;
        action the fruit behind it. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

        mailto:bsabin@...

        phc> I understand the f10 function which is tending towards GNU Emacs
        phc> DIRED
        phc> function. Is there more functionality to the f10 directory listing
        phc> other than being able to edit a file by simply clicking on it? Can
        phc> you
        phc> mark several files and delete then, for example, as you can with
        phc> GNU's
        phc> DIRED?

        phc> Why isn't Jasspa's Microemacs shareware that would require a
        phc> registration fee for it. How can Jasspa be giving such a
        phc> sophisticated
        phc> editor away for free?!

        phc> This is an unmoderated list. JASSPA is not responsible for the content of

        phc> any material posted to this list.