Re: simple microemacs questions

  • psventek@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
      Steve, Jon,

      > me32 filename
      >
      > ME should load and display filename instead. Obviously me32
      >is not the same as emacs, so what is your emacs? Is it a batch
      >file which runs me32? if so
      > are you passing it the command-line arguments, i.e.:
      >
      > me32 %1 %2 %3 %4 ...
      >
      > If not this is why.

      You know... users (like me) should never be allowed to tinker with
      customization files and batch files and the like... :) I always
      get in trouble when I do (but I do learn that way). Of course I
      have a simple batch file alias with aliases emacs to me32, and I
      don't pass any arguments, so that's the problem. Thanks. Sorry for
      such a basic question.

      Next one..

      GNU Emacs provides the "global-unset-key" command to unbind
      keybindings. Does Jasspa Microemacs have such a beast?
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
        > GNU Emacs provides the "global-unset-key" command to unbind
        > keybindings. Does Jasspa Microemacs have such a beast?

        global-unbind-key, bound to esc C-k.

        If you use the main menu's Help -> General Help dialog it has a pretty good
        search facility (searching for "global unbind" finds this straight away).

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
          Try "global-unbind-key" should do the same thing.

          See also

          Keyboard Binding Commands

          from the main help page. This has a list of all
          of the commands that are associated with the
          key bindings.

          Jon.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 1, 2001
            Steve, Jon,

            > If you use the main menu's Help -> General Help dialog it has a
            >pretty good search facility (searching for "global unbind" finds this
            >straight away).

            There it is, plain as day. Last night I didn't have my GNU Emacs
            .emacs file in front of me so I was searching (guessing) for the wrong
            key binding. Tonight I won't make that mistake. Sorry guys.