[jasspa] Folding with Me: the first

  • Detlef Groth
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 1999
      Hello Me-users !

      On of the very very useful feature of Me is the folding mechanism.
      So I mark headers (par example from faq-docs) with * or lower range headers with ** or *** at the beginning of a line during I read them.
      With the following addition to mydoc.emf I can switch very fast between different table of contents and in the document using A-f1, A-f2 or the f3 and f2 shortcuts.

      define-macro other-foldx ;; for any header
      set-alpha-mark "p"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-open "^*"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-close "^*"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-mopen "1"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-mnext "-1"
      fold-all
      goto-alpha-mark "P"
      ml-write "[Unfold-with-f3]"
      !emacro

      define-macro other-fold1 ; for first range header
      set-alpha-mark "p"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-open "^* "
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-close "^* "
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-mopen "1"
      set-variable .fhook-doc.fold-mnext "-1"
      fold-all
      goto-alpha-mark "P"
      ml-write "[Unfold-with-f3]"
      !emacro
      global-bind-key other-foldx "A-f2"
      global-bind-key other-fold1 "A-f1"

      I tried here also to use the "buffer-bind-key"-command but it is often not working. Has anybody an idea why it is working sometimes and why not ? Any improvements of these macos are greatly appreciated.

      Best regards,

      Detlef