Re: [jasspa] Win95 - difficulty sizing window

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2001
      Jim Kalb wrote:

      > Hello!
      >
      > I'm having trouble getting ME to come up in a window of the proper size.
      > The installation info suggests (for win 3.*) a command line like me -c
      > -v$TERM=E80x50 but that doesn't seem to do it, and trial and error have
      > failed to turn up something that works.

      Yep, this would not work. Back in the dim and dark days
      of DOS this variable (and still does) modified the
      screen driver into a different screen mode.

      Best way of doing this is from your <user>.emf file. I usually
      use something like the following in mine to set up
      the terminal:-

      !if &or $use-x &seq $platform "win32"
      ; Slower cursor blink rate
      set-variable $cursor-blink 750
      !if $use-x
      ; Small bold font is better for me.
      change-font "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-*-*-*-c-80-iso8859-1"
      ; change-font "-misc-fixed-bold-r-normal--13-*-*-*-c-70-iso8859-1"
      ; Small non-bold font.
      ; change-font "-misc-fixed-medium-r-normal--13-*-*-*-c-70-iso8859-1"
      !else
      ; Change the size of the screen
      82 change-screen-width
      50 change-screen-depth

      Or more simply, if you are only on windows then
      the following 2 lines would do:-

      82 change-screen-width
      50 change-screen-depth

      82 is the screen width (80 wide + 2 for scroll bar)
      50 characters deep.

      If you have not set up your user.emf file then
      edit "guest.emf" and add the 2 lines. You should
      then see the screen size change on startup.

      Hope this helps.

      > Any suggestions?
      >
      > Jim Kalb

    • Jim Kalb
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 4, 2001
        Worked great! I had to go to the setup routine in help to make guest.emf
        my startup file (there had been none) but then no problem.

        Query - I'd like to change a few other things, like the margins and
        filling behavior on startup. Is there someplace I could look to
        see what I should put in guest.emf?

        Thanks for your help!