3/22 release - colors weird (menubar)

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2000
      I'm trying out the 3/22 beta (or is it alpha? :-) release, and the colors
      of the menu at the top (grey on black) and the modeline (black on white)
      are not what I'm used to -- n.b. I use the black on cream color scheme.

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 22, 2000
        > Subject: [jasspa] 3/22 release - colors weird (menubar)
        > From: Thomas Hundt <thundt@...>
        > Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 10:59:04 -0700
        >
        > I'm trying out the 3/22 beta (or is it alpha? :-) release, and the colors
        > of the menu at the top (grey on black) and the modeline (black on white)
        > are not what I'm used to -- n.b. I use the black on cream color scheme.
        >
        > -Th

        I think this is caused by my changes, originally ME's color and font scheme
        settings were independent as the font settings were only used by unix Termcap
        support. In this newer version Windows and Xterm interfaces also support fonts
        so the color and fonts are now used together.

        How does this relate? Before if you set the color scheme to be black on white
        and the font to be reverse (for termcap) the color was still black on white.
        Now however you will get white on black!

        You should find that you have a local copy of schemej.emf (the black on cream
        scheme - the scheme editor saves changes locally). The easiest solution is to
        remove the local copy so the new release version is used, then redo any
        changes made.

        If you have created you own schemes and you need them porting to the new
        version then forward them to me and I work out the best way to do this.