Re: Help!

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2000
      > Subject: [jasspa] Help!
      > From: "David E. Edwards" <forjeuk@...>
      > Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:00:44 +0100
      > To: <jasspa@egroups.com>
      >
      > Aaagh. A house move, 2 system rebuilds and two months without using
      > jasspa and I'm lost - also lost all of my personal settings so I'm
      > rebuilding my "userid".emf file.
      > Now I'm getting a little confused. There are a couple of things that
      > I need help understanding.
      > In hkdoc.emf, there's a statement that looks for my-fhook-doc macro
      > and executes it if found. I put this in my "userid".emf, but unless I
      > do an add-file-hook in my "userid".emf, the settings do not work.
      > does this mean that I should add the my-fhook-doc macro to hkdoc.emf
      > instead?
      > Also in hkdoc.emf there is a force execute of mydoc - which I take to
      > reference a file mydoc.emf.
      > What is the best way to use mydoc.emf / my-fhook-doc?

      Create a mydoc.emf file (preferably in the same directory as "userid".emf),
      put you my-fhook-doc macro into this file (with any other chances such as
      additional hilighting etc), save the file and restart ME.

      When you first load a doc file the macro file hkdoc.emf is executed, this in
      turn executes mydoc.emf if it exists (which it now does). Then ME executes the
      macro fhook-doc in the new doc buffer, which in turn executes the macro
      my-fhook-doc if it exists. Simple.....

      > Also, if I make changes to "userid".emf, can I reload it or do I have
      > to exit jasspa and restart?

      You can either use commands execute-buffer or execute-file to 'reload' just
      "userid".emf, or better still use user-setup (main menu Help -> User Setup)
      and use the Current button which will re-initialise the whole setup (remember
      to save changed buffers first).

      Also note that existing buffers, such as your doc buffer, will not be
      re-initialised. You will been to use execute-buffer/execute-file on hkdoc.emf
      to re-initialise the buffer setup macros, i.e. fhook-doc and my-fhook-doc etc,
      and then execute the command fhook-doc in the doc buffer. (Perhaps I should
      change the functionality behind the User Setup Current button to do this...).