Help!

  • David E. Edwards
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 11, 2000
      Aaagh. A house move, 2 system rebuilds and two months without using
      jasspa and I'm lost - also lost all of my personal settings so I'm
      rebuilding my "userid".emf file.
      Now I'm getting a little confused. There are a couple of things that
      I need help understanding.
      In hkdoc.emf, there's a statement that looks for my-fhook-doc macro
      and executes it if found. I put this in my "userid".emf, but unless I
      do an add-file-hook in my "userid".emf, the settings do not work.
      does this mean that I should add the my-fhook-doc macro to hkdoc.emf
      instead?
      Also in hkdoc.emf there is a force execute of mydoc - which I take to
      reference a file mydoc.emf.
      What is the best way to use mydoc.emf / my-fhook-doc?
      Also, if I make changes to "userid".emf, can I reload it or do I have
      to exit jasspa and restart?
      Thanks in advance
      Dave E.
      dedwards@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 11, 2000
        > Subject: [jasspa] Help!
        > From: "David E. Edwards" <forjeuk@...>
        > Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:00:44 +0100
        > To: <jasspa@egroups.com>
        >
        > Aaagh. A house move, 2 system rebuilds and two months without using
        > jasspa and I'm lost - also lost all of my personal settings so I'm
        > rebuilding my "userid".emf file.
        > Now I'm getting a little confused. There are a couple of things that
        > I need help understanding.
        > In hkdoc.emf, there's a statement that looks for my-fhook-doc macro
        > and executes it if found. I put this in my "userid".emf, but unless I
        > do an add-file-hook in my "userid".emf, the settings do not work.
        > does this mean that I should add the my-fhook-doc macro to hkdoc.emf
        > instead?
        > Also in hkdoc.emf there is a force execute of mydoc - which I take to
        > reference a file mydoc.emf.
        > What is the best way to use mydoc.emf / my-fhook-doc?

        Create a mydoc.emf file (preferably in the same directory as "userid".emf),
        put you my-fhook-doc macro into this file (with any other chances such as
        additional hilighting etc), save the file and restart ME.

        When you first load a doc file the macro file hkdoc.emf is executed, this in
        turn executes mydoc.emf if it exists (which it now does). Then ME executes the
        macro fhook-doc in the new doc buffer, which in turn executes the macro
        my-fhook-doc if it exists. Simple.....

        > Also, if I make changes to "userid".emf, can I reload it or do I have
        > to exit jasspa and restart?

        You can either use commands execute-buffer or execute-file to 'reload' just
        "userid".emf, or better still use user-setup (main menu Help -> User Setup)
        and use the Current button which will re-initialise the whole setup (remember
        to save changed buffers first).

        Also note that existing buffers, such as your doc buffer, will not be
        re-initialised. You will been to use execute-buffer/execute-file on hkdoc.emf
        to re-initialise the buffer setup macros, i.e. fhook-doc and my-fhook-doc etc,
        and then execute the command fhook-doc in the doc buffer. (Perhaps I should
        change the functionality behind the User Setup Current button to do this...).