Re: Re: Suse-Linux and melinux

  • jirko@cassuben.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 23, 2000
      Hi

      I had this problem too when I first installed MicroEmacs on my Debian system
      about 8 or 9 month ago. Seems as if some of the current Linux distros consider
      libtermcap deprecated.

      Anyway I almost forgot about that, until I recently installed the me00 beta.
      This time I decided to look for a better solution than the simple change in the
      makefile. So I tried a more complex change :-).

      I have attached a version of linux200.gmk that - together with the also attached
      test.c - should be able to determine if curses/libtermcap is to be used or if
      libncurses/terminfo is the thing to go for. Simply copy them into the source
      directory of MicroEmacs and ./build it.
      Probably you JASSPA guys want to add that to the distro.

      I have only tested it on my non-termcap system, so someone should check
      if it really works on systems with libtermcap installed.

      regards

      Jirko