Re: Wrapper script and '-n' mode

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2000
      > Subject: [jasspa] Wrapper script and '-n' mode
      > From: Thomas Hundt <thundt@...>
      > Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 00:43:52 -0700
      >
      > Here's a little wrapper I keep in my ~/bin directories, to kick off 'me'
      > the way I like it (i.e., if in X mode, as a detached process; if in termcap
      > mode [either because user specified '-n' or because DISPLAY not set], in
      > the foreground):
      >
      > #!/bin/sh -f
      > #------------------------------------------------------------
      > # me thundt rev 2 27-Jun-00
      > # Wrapper for Jasspa MicroEmacs
      > #------------------------------------------------------------
      > # Only run in background if in windowed mode!
      > # (else we get a prompt back in the middle of the editor window)
      > if [ x$1 = x-n ]; then
      > shift
      > # echo "yes -n, \$* = $*"
      > /usr/local/bin/me -n $*
      > else
      > # echo "no -n"
      > # or if DISPLAY not set (remind them)
      > if [ -z $DISPLAY ]; then
      > /usr/local/bin/me -n $*

      This looks like a sound test to me, I think me should do this anyway and
      automatically run in termcap mode (can't hurt as without the $DISPLAY set it
      wont run any) - does anyone object to this?

      FYI. If your $TERM is set to vt* (e.g. vt100) then me automatically runs in
      termcap mode.

      > else
      > /usr/local/bin/me $* &
      > fi
      > fi
      >

      > I've noticed that termcap mode runs in boldface (and leaves it in boldface
      > after exiting)... wonder why that is...? (Running in xterms under SuSE
      > Linux 6.4...)

      Hmmm, sounds familiar and I think the very latest may have fixed these
      trailing font issues, what version are you using?